Update of active rbac
  • From: Klaas Freitag <freitag@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 15:40:47 +0100 (CET)
Hi,

today I commited a larger junk of code to the frontend svn. I
commited an update of active rbac. Active rbac is (now) a rails
engine that provides full featured user management with permissions,
roles, groups. We are using that in the frontend for user management
and it turned out to be really powerfull so far.

The update today was neccessary because a new version of active rbac
came out that fixed of course some bugs but also has another advantage:
While it was a component before it is an engine now. That's cooler -
and I am sure the rails gurus can explain why if required ;-))

While digging through this topic I created the object BSUser that inherits
from the rbac-provided User object. Now we can add user stuff more easy
and do not have to change the rbac code what we had before.

One thing that needs to be done along with this change: The
column user_id of the watched_projects table needs to be renamed
to bs_user_id.

That can be either done by a complete renew of the database or by
only deleting the table watched_projets and recreate it using the
lines from frontend/db/create_mysql.sql

have fun,

Klaas

--