Re: [opensuse-buildservice] open source development model
  • From: Michael Schroeder <mls@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 23:05:20 +0100
On Wed, Mar 08, 2006 at 09:44:51PM +0100, Robert Schiele wrote:
> I don't want to stress _this_ issue in special because it is only one instance
> of the problem. But I want to use this example to stress the general issue of
> the development model.
>
> Actually mls _did_ release his code already. He did release the code to SUSE
> staff. Here you get two classes of developers: people inside SUSE/Novell and
> people outside.

What do you know about the SUSE internas? It's not released to "SUSE staff"
in any way. The currrent script running in the buildservice is a preliminary
version which I can't release it to anybody for reasons mention at FOSDEM.
That is, it contains code of which we don't have approval for distribution yet.
So: I'm simply not finished with the rewrite. The new version will contain
XEN sandboxing and other godies, and yes, we have approval for distribution.
You will just have to wait a couple of *days*, so please quit bitching
around! Patience, patience.

Cheers,
Michael.

--