Re: [opensuse-buildservice] open source development model
  • From: Sonja Krause-Harder <skh@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 18:03:24 +0100

Hi Robert,

On Wed, Mar 08, 2006 at 05:11:27PM +0100, Robert Schiele wrote:
> You should even do this if the code you are hacking is incomplete and
> unusable. I mean a public repository is no shop window for doing marketing but
> something to coordinate development work. If you always wait putting stuff
> into public visibility until you consider it having reached a certain level of
> completeness, you might impress some people that want to use the tool but you
> are unlikely to attract external developers.

The public build service svn doesn't have a "shadow" svn internally
where things are developed and later moved out. Whatever is in the
public svn now is being developed there.

It is true that not everything made it to the public svn yet for several
reasons. This is an unfortunate, but as we all hope temporary situation.
This only affects the backend part. API frontend and clients are in the
public svn, and developments happens there.

Sonja

--
Sonja Krause-Harder (skh@xxxxxxx)
Research & Development SUSE Linux Products GmbH