Mailinglist Archive: opensuse-bugs (6470 mails)

< Previous Next >
[Bug 1136643] IPython console in spyder3 breaks after an exception error
  • From: bugzilla_noreply@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2019 11:44:15 +0000
  • Message-id: <bug-1136643-21960-wq3UwvTQPJ@http.bugzilla.opensuse.org/>
http://bugzilla.opensuse.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1136643
http://bugzilla.opensuse.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1136643#c3

--- Comment #3 from Rodolfo Marques <rodolfo.am25@xxxxxxxxx> ---
(In reply to Sebastian Wagner from comment #2)
I tried to reproduce this bug with the following matplotlib, spyder and
ipython packages installed:

# zypper se -si matplotlib
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...

S | Name | Type | Version | Arch | Repository

---+-----------------------+---------+-----------------+--------+------------
-----------
i+ | python2-matplotlib | package | 2.0.2-lp151.3.6 | x86_64 |
openSUSE-Leap-15.1-Oss
i+ | python2-matplotlib-tk | package | 2.0.2-lp151.3.6 | x86_64 |
openSUSE-Leap-15.1-Oss
i+ | python3-matplotlib | package | 2.0.2-lp151.3.6 | x86_64 |
openSUSE-Leap-15.1-Oss
i+ | python3-matplotlib-tk | package | 2.0.2-lp151.3.6 | x86_64 |
openSUSE-Leap-15.1-Oss
# zypper se -si spyder
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...

S | Name | Type | Version | Arch |
Repository
---+--------------------------+---------+-----------------+--------+---------
--------------
i+ | spyder3 | package | 3.2.8-lp151.3.3 | noarch |
openSUSE-Leap-15.1-Oss
i+ | spyder3-breakpoints | package | 3.2.8-lp151.3.3 | noarch |
openSUSE-Leap-15.1-Oss
i+ | spyder3-breakpoints-lang | package | 3.2.8-lp151.3.3 | noarch |
openSUSE-Leap-15.1-Oss
i+ | spyder3-dicom | package | 3.2.8-lp151.3.3 | noarch |
openSUSE-Leap-15.1-Oss
i+ | spyder3-hdf5 | package | 3.2.8-lp151.3.3 | noarch |
openSUSE-Leap-15.1-Oss
i+ | spyder3-lang | package | 3.2.8-lp151.3.3 | noarch |
openSUSE-Leap-15.1-Oss
i+ | spyder3-profiler | package | 3.2.8-lp151.3.3 | noarch |
openSUSE-Leap-15.1-Oss
i+ | spyder3-profiler-lang | package | 3.2.8-lp151.3.3 | noarch |
openSUSE-Leap-15.1-Oss
i+ | spyder3-pylint | package | 3.2.8-lp151.3.3 | noarch |
openSUSE-Leap-15.1-Oss
i+ | spyder3-pylint-lang | package | 3.2.8-lp151.3.3 | noarch |
openSUSE-Leap-15.1-Oss
# zypper se -si ipython
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...

S | Name | Type | Version | Arch |
Repository
---+--------------------------+---------+-----------------+--------+---------
--------------
i+ | python3-ipython_genutils | package | 0.2.0-lp151.2.1 | noarch |
openSUSE-Leap-15.1-Oss
i+ | python3-jupyter_ipython | package | 7.4.0-lp151.1.1 | noarch |
openSUSE-Leap-15.1-Oss

But IPython starts fine in Spyder3

Do you have any other repositories enabled?

Yes, I have an OBS repo enable from the user Dead_Mozay
(https://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/Dead_Mozay/openSUSE_Leap_15.1/x86_64/)
to install the pycharm-community IDE. However I put this repo with a lower
priority relative to the main repos.

Meanwhile I installed a fresh Leap 15.1 installation on a virtual machine,
updated it and installed every component you listed in your test in the same
order. The IPython in spyder actually behaved fine! I enabled the Dead_Mozay
repo, installed pycharm-community (with its dependencies), and no problem! I am
quite puzzled but I think of two hypothesis:
1) Something went wrong during the upgrade from Leap 15.0 to Leap 15.1.
2) I messed up something while enabling certain repos to get software I wanted.

The latter is probably the most likely and although I try to be careful,
sometimes stuff happens. At this point I find it hard to pin point when the
problem started to happen.

--
You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.
< Previous Next >