Mailinglist Archive: opensuse-bugs (4664 mails)

< Previous Next >
[Bug 576518] Reconsider licence clause "or later"
  • From: bugzilla_noreply@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 08:31:35 +0000
  • Message-id: <20100205083135.B7603CC7CE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
http://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=576518

http://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=576518#c1


Ciaran Farrell <cfarrell@xxxxxxxxxx> changed:

What |Removed |Added
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Status|NEW |ASSIGNED
AssignedTo|bnc-team-screening@xxxxxxxx |cfarrell@xxxxxxxxxx
|ovo.novell.com |

--- Comment #1 from Ciaran Farrell <cfarrell@xxxxxxxxxx> 2010-02-05 08:31:34
UTC ---
Correct. Insofar as it is possible to change the license designation (i.e. that
copyright is held by Novell), it would be desirable that we get around to doing
this over the next code cycle.

That GPLv2| GPLv3 "only" is preferred is, however, a (relatively) new
situation. The license of YaST certainly predates the decision (or at least the
communication of the decision).

It would therefore be good to start pushing the license changes over upcoming
major releases. We need to be sure what effect the license changes could have
on dependent packages. License changes could have a more severe effect than ABI
changes...

--
Configure bugmail: http://bugzilla.novell.com/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are on the CC list for the bug.

< Previous Next >
References