[opensuse-boosters] work report kw2 llunak
  • From: Lubos Lunak <l.lunak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 23:03:38 +0100
[GREEN]
- As Will is at Camp KDE and is giving a talk about OBS about ... now, I wrote
a howto and tool to help cross-distro packaging KDE apps in the OBS
(http://en.opensuse.org/KDE/Build_Service/Cross-distro). Basically, just
create empty package in OBS, put the tarball in, run the tool and it'll
create .spec and .dsc for openSUSE, Fedora, Mandriva and Ubuntu. Works
surprisingly well, I have a bunch of different stuff in home:llunak:kdetest
(even something as big as kdeutils). Hopefully this gets a number of people
interested in the OBS.
- Big thread on opensuse-kde about the repository structure - people still
don't get it :-/. This needs solving somehow.
- Some KDE repackaging and splits for Coolo to help reduce the medium size.

[AMBER]
- All .ymp files created by the OBS for my packages are broken in practice, as
they include a non-published auxiliary build repository. I guess I'll have to
learn ruby after all.

--
Lubos Lunak
openSUSE Boosters team, KDE developer