Re: [opensuse-boosters] FOSDEM 2010
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 15:03:16 +0100
Le vendredi 04 décembre 2009, à 14:48 +0100, Henne Vogelsang a écrit :
Hi,

Vincent Untz wrote:
Le vendredi 04 décembre 2009, à 14:04 +0100, Henne Vogelsang a écrit :
1. Build Systems
I would like to see a build system track. Where different distributions
can introduce theirs and the concepts behind it. Including, but not
limited to, how contributions, maintenance, branching, image building
etc are handled. I think this is a great topic for distros to stimulate
each other. I think all of us could do something here for the OBS. From
conceptual talks down to hands one hacking stuff.

I could do a talk about the collaboration features of the OBS and/or one
about our distribution setup in it.

I think explaining our model with devel projects to other distro can be
of interest -- I'm not aware of anybody else having such a concept (ie,
they all directly push packages to "factory")

I would also like to see us help out the OBS team and friends. At least
with coming up with topics/talks and giving a few. Adrian is swamped at
the moment he told me and February is very close. Is there anything to
talk about from the G:F perspective maybe? Or even you as OSC hacker.

Hrm. Well, I can probably talk during 10-15 minutes about G:F and how we
work with osc... But not much more than that, I'd say.

[...]

And I'd love to do something about an upstream tracker,
but this implies having some code done before...

Huh? Since when do you need code to talk about something? :)

Vaporware? :-)

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.