Re: [opensuse-boosters] FOSDEM 2010
  • From: Henne Vogelsang <hvogel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2009 14:48:02 +0100
Hi,

Vincent Untz wrote:
Le vendredi 04 décembre 2009, à 14:04 +0100, Henne Vogelsang a écrit :
1. Build Systems
I would like to see a build system track. Where different distributions
can introduce theirs and the concepts behind it. Including, but not
limited to, how contributions, maintenance, branching, image building
etc are handled. I think this is a great topic for distros to stimulate
each other. I think all of us could do something here for the OBS. From
conceptual talks down to hands one hacking stuff.

I could do a talk about the collaboration features of the OBS and/or one
about our distribution setup in it.

I think explaining our model with devel projects to other distro can be
of interest -- I'm not aware of anybody else having such a concept (ie,
they all directly push packages to "factory")

I would also like to see us help out the OBS team and friends. At least
with coming up with topics/talks and giving a few. Adrian is swamped at
the moment he told me and February is very close. Is there anything to
talk about from the G:F perspective maybe? Or even you as OSC hacker.

2. Upstream
I would also like to have an Upstream track where the whole
distro<>upstream relation is discussed. Including release cycles,
contributions, alteration etc. Possible contributions from us would be
vuntz/will/lubos talking about how we handle the desktops or we could
get one of the kernel guys to talk about that.

FWIW, I already proposed some "GNOME upstream vs downstream" session for
this devroom, but I want it to be really useful, so I'd prefer it to be
a big discussion in the devroom more than a one-way talk.

Sure. The style is of course a decision of the one who gives the talk.

If I have time, I'll probably also share a session with some mandriva
people about sharing package summaries/descriptions (and therefore,
translations).

And I'd love to do something about an upstream tracker,
but this implies having some code done before...

Huh? Since when do you need code to talk about something? :)

Henne

--
Henne Vogelsang, openSUSE.
- Mike Tyson