[opensuse-autoinstall] AutoYaST tools: feedback wanted
Hi all,

After doing some research[1] (thanks all for your feedback), the YaST
team has started to work on improving AutoYaST. We have identified some
areas that we should focus on. One of them, is the process of creating
an AutoYaST profile.

Creating a profile can be quite challenging, so we offer two different
tools to help you in this process:

* The "yast2 clone_system" command, which generates a profile with the
configuration of the current system. It allows to filter which parts of
the profile take into account.
* The "AutoYaST UI", which allows to create a profile from scratch (or
by cloning the configuration of the current system) and modify the
values using a UI. This tool is included in the "autoyast2" package.

However, we wonder how do you create your profiles. Do you use any of
those tools? Or do you just write some XML yourself? Perhaps you use
the tools and tweak the results later...

Moreover, we would love to know which problems do you face when you try
to create a new profile. Is there anything our tools could do to make
your life easier? What about providing some kind of "templates"
(minimal, full...) you can tweak? Any other idea?

Please, if you can, help us with providing your feedback. Of course,
any comment beside these questions is highly appreciated as well.

Regards,
Imo

[1] https://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2020-04/msg00291.html

--