Re: [opensuse-autoinstall] Change enumeration of disks
  • From: Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2019 14:34:57 +0100
V Fri, 22 Feb 2019 13:16:38 +0100
Daniel Spannbauer <ds@xxxxxxxx> napsáno:

Am 02/22/2019 um 12:35 PM schrieb Ancor Gonzalez Sosa:
On 2/22/19 11:38 AM, Daniel Spannbauer wrote:
Hello,

I try to install a system with an Adaptec Raid controller via autoyast.

But when booting from the usb stick this usbstick gets sda, the two raid
arrays get sdb and sdc.

Can I change the enumeration to get the two raid arrays to sda and sdb?
That enumeration is performed by the kernel and there is not much you
can do to influence it, as far as I know.

But you can use the <skip_list> feature to try to influence how AutoYaST
assigns the disks. For example, telling AutoYaST to skip disks smaller
than 65GiB.

See
https://www.suse.com/documentation/sles-12/singlehtml/book_autoyast/book_autoyast.html#CreateProfile.Partitioning.config

Autoyast itself is not the problem, but some of my scripts are
failing.....they try to do some steps on the second harddisk. Bad, if a
usb drive is the first :/

Regards

Daniel

In such case I suggest to use in that scripts udev links ( you can see them in
/dev/disks/by-* ) which should be more persistent.

Josef