Re: [suse-autoinstall] Additional Package & Silent install
  • From: Mike Marion <mmarion@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 18:02:17 +0000 (UTC)
On 1 Jul, Harald Milz wrote:

> On a SLES9 SP1 I'm trying to add a webwasher RPM to the install repository
> created with the Yast installation server function.
> I put the RPM into SUSE-CORE-9-CD1/suse/i586, and ran

Personal preference, but I like to leave the default directories untouched and
make a custom/update path with any new rpms. That way you still have an
untouched default setup and don't have to figure out what you added.

I put all our updates/custom packages in a SUSE-Updates path (at the same
level as your SUSE-CORE-9 path).

> create_package_descr -x suse/setup/descr/EXTRA_PROV -d SUSE-CORE-9-CD1/suse
> Now if this were understandably documented. What the heck is EXTRA_PROV,
> and are the paths right?

EXTRA_PROV is short for extra provides.. lists short names and the full path
to the executable, it's a text file, just look at it.

That should work for you though. Unless they expect that new rpms are put
into a seperate path like I do.

--
Mike Marion-Unix SysAdmin/Staff Engineer-http://www.qualcomm.com
Marge: Homer, the plant called. They said if you don't show up tomorrow don't

< Previous Next >
List Navigation
This Thread