Re: [Re: Re: [suse-autoinstall] loading network drivers from floppy]
  • From: Richard Bos <radoeka@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 17:24:50 +0000 (UTC)
Op maandag 28 juli 2003 16:05, schreef Anas Nashif:
> dfroehling wrote:
> > I need to enter IP address and hostname manually at the boot prompt
> > because this is customer specific.
> > I can't use DHCP or similar things for getting automatic addresses and
> > so on.
> > Later my pre install script reads the hostname out of boot parameters
> > and creates a serial number from it.
>
> Booting from floppies needs alot of custimzations and module swapping.
> Its easier to create a boot cdrom with a modified command line (or info
> file) or even use the original CDs for that.
>
> Anas

Is it possible to boot from the original CD, have the autoinst file on floppy
and use an nfs repository? The autoinst file on floppy should refer to the
nfs server ip addres and such things. I believe for this situation the
autoinst file should be called info, as described in section 6.3, as that
correct.

--
Richard Bos
Without a home the journey is endless