post-install script question
  • From: "Hirayama, Pat" <phirayam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 22:53:25 +0000 (UTC)
Greetings,

So, I've been trying to have autoyast use a post install shell script to
mount an NFS share and copy various configuration files onto the newly setup
server. (SuSE Linux Professional 8.2)

Thanks to Anas' help, I've gotten to the point that the script is copied
over and is executed ... but it doesn't work.

The script looks something like this:

#! /bin/sh
mount -a
cp /mnt/suse/autoyast/files/common/syslog.conf /etc/syslog.conf
cp /mnt/suse/autoyast/files/common/motd /etc/motd

So, when 'mount -a' runs, I get the error message: mount: only root can do
that

Anas Nashif has told me that post install scripts run as root. And, I've
added a whoami command into this shell script, and it confirms that the
process is running as root.

When the server is up afterwards, I can run the script just fine. Of
course, I'd prefer not to have to do that. :-)

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!
-p

Pat Hirayama