Re: [SOLVED] [suse-autoinstall] SuSE 8.2 Prof installation of devs-2003.3.14-1 : rm: command not found
  • From: Richard Bos <radoeka@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 17:25:03 +0000 (UTC)
I've discovered what was wrong. The 8.2 package repository amount other
versions is mounted on a suse-8.1 machine. That machine has
/usr/share/autoinstall/EXTRA_PROV, _but_ this is the 8.1 version!!!

Of course that went wrong as fileutils, textutils have been replaced by
coreutils in 8.2

As the script create_package_descr pulls in the
/usr/share/autoinstall/EXTRA_PROV the above mistake is easily made. Perhaps
that the EXTRA_PROV should be extended with it's version number like
EXTRA_PROV-8.1/2. And that the script create_package_descr could check the
version number (the suse-release package is available should such a check
could be made). Just my suggestion, up to the next challenge....

--
Richard Bos
Without a home the journey is endless

< Previous Next >