Re: [suse-autoinstall] Selecting an alternative kernel
  • From: Christian Stoltze <Christian.Stoltze@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 15:33:03 +0000 (UTC)
> but it wound up installing both packages (k_smp and k_psmp). What is the
> correct way to specify what kernel package to load?

I have nearly the same problem on SuSE 8.1:
My install client chooses k_athlon-2.4.19
but I want to use the default kernel (k_deflt-2.4.19-74).
In the post script I can remove k_athlon and install k_deflt, of course.
But does not exist a better solution e.g. in autoinst.xml?

BTW: I must remove kernel k_athlon although I have an athlon chip
because of a kernel/module software failure.
I want enabling autofs and SuSEfirewall2 but the tools cannot load
the needed kernel modules: autofs.o and ip_tables.o
ip_tables.o: unresolved unresolved symbol _mmx_memcpy

Regards
CS
--
Christian Stoltze
Computer Science, University of Constance (Lake Constance/SW-Germany)

  • No further messages