grub or lilo boot loader?
  • From: Bernd Leibing <bernd.leibing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 20:34:17 +0000 (UTC)
Hi all,

suse 8.1 by default installs the grub bootloader. right?

Autoinstallation from a SuSE-8.1 repository, which was copied from a
(german) SuSE-8.1 DVD also installs the grub bootloader for me.

But when I switch to a repository which is based on the SuSE-8.1 FTP Distribution the same autoinst.xml configuration results in lilo getting installed.

Interestingly an "interactive" installation from the same SuSE-8.1 FTP
still installs grub !?!

I tried without a bootloader resource in
the control file. Is there a bootloader resource to force the use
of grub as bootloader?

--
Bernd 'Bing' Leibing <bernd.leibing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Computing Center, University of Ulm, Germany