RE: [suse-autoinstall] Installation-CD does not install kernel and initrd!
  • From: "Kugelberg, Thorsten" <thorsten.kugelberg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 13:08:07 +0000 (UTC)
Hey,

have a look at the Posting from Sept 2002 (I think)--> http://lists.suse.com/archive/suse-autoinstall/2002-Sep/ . There should be a thread called 'applying patches'. Just have a look at it.

Regards
Thorsten

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Soyez
To: suse-autoinstall@xxxxxxxx
Sent: 14.11.2002 13:52
Subject: Re: [suse-autoinstall] Installation-CD does not install kernel and initrd!

Hi again,

what do I have to do in order to update my Installation Server with the
latest rpm's and still get the AutoYast Network Installation to work?

If I copy all update rpm's into the suse/* directories of my server and
then run '/var/lib/YaST2/bin/create_package_descr' AutoYast will still
install the old rpm's!! If I delete the old rpm's and run
'create_package_descr' again, the installation failes with the same
syptoms as described for the CD-Installation of my last email.

Something here does not work the way I would expect. Or is
'create_package_descr' just the wrong script?!

:-(Erik.

On Thu, 14 Nov 2002, Erik Soyez wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I just created an Auto-Installation CD using AutoYast2 (SuSE-8.1).
This