Bootloader problems
  • From: Rasmus Borup Hansen <rbh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 14:38:00 +0000 (UTC)
Hi! I recently got autoinstall to work, and yesterday I started
experimenting with integrating the latest updates into the
installation tree with my own scripts. Then things stopped to
work. After installing the packages I get an error saying that 26 (or
so) packages failed to install. Then, during bootloader installation,
I get the following error:

/sbin/mk_initrd: line 399: /dev/fd/62: No such file or directory no
'/' mountpoint specified in //etc/fstab. sed: Couldn't close {standard
output}

This morning I deleted my installation tree on my nfs-server, copied
everything from the cd's and ran "create_package_descr". Still the
same problem. I also tried updating just "autoyast2" and
"autoyast2-installation".

Any ideas? My control file is at

http://www.math.ku.dk/~rbh/test.xml

Another thing that might be relevant is that I do the partitioning by
hand, since I have another OS at /dev/hda1 that I do not want to
erase. Is there any way of saying "format /dev/hda3 with reiserfs,
mount it as / and use /dev/hda4 for swap", but do not otherwise change
the partitions, in the control file?

Also, I have to choose Danish keyboard by hand. Specifying Danish
keyboard in the control file does not work.

Best regards,

Rasmus

--
Rasmus Borup Hansen, system adm. Email: rbh@xxxxxxxxxx
Institute for Mathematical Sciences Phone: +45 353 20759