Re: [suse-autoinstall] Installation-CD does not install kernel and initrd!
  • From: Rasmus Borup Hansen <rbh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 09:02:07 +0000 (UTC)
Christian Stoltze writes:
> Erik,
>
> > but these scripts do not work for SuSE-8.1. Anas, does SuSE-8.1 have any
> > possibility for an easy Server-Upgrade included? Thanks, Erik.
>
> I am missing such a feature, too (perhaps there is already such
> a feature from which I have not a clue).
> Therefore I have written 2 scripts that keep the rpms of the
> autoinstallation server up-to-date.
> You might want to have a look at
> http://www.inf.uni-konstanz.de/~stoltze/projekte/autoinstall/suse81/index.html
>
> But if there will be a solution from SuSE I will be happy
> not to port these scripts to the next SuSE release.

Hi Christian! In gen_latest_patches_81 you have the following
lines:

ALL_RPMS="`find * -name '*.rpm' -type f | sort`"

# durch sort werden z.B. i586/yast2-core-2.6.47-9.i586.rpm und
# i586/yast2-core-2.6.53-8.i586.rpm
# schon richtig sortiert (das aeltere File zuerst)

Then the package "foo-10.bla.bla.bla.rpm" will be sorted before the
package "foo-9.bla.bla.bla.rpm" which is probably not what you
intend. I'm working on a script that does more or less the same as
your script, and in it I have

NEWEST=`ls -rt $FILES | tail -1`

where $FILES contains a list of all "candidates" for a given
package. In my situation, care must be taken so that the dates of the
files are not changed.

When my script works, I'll make it publicly available.

Best regards,

Rasmus

--
Rasmus Borup Hansen, system adm. Email: rbh@xxxxxxxxxx
Institute for Mathematical Sciences Phone: +45 353 20759

< Previous Next >