Re: [suse-autoinstall] Installation-CD does not install kernel and initrd!
  • From: Anas Nashif <nashif@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 17:14:51 +0000 (UTC)
* Erik Soyez <soyez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [Nov 14. 2002 13:52]:

> Hi again,
>
> what do I have to do in order to update my Installation Server with the
> latest rpm's and still get the AutoYast Network Installation to work?

Replace packages with new one.
Update the root image
create a new package database

> If I copy all update rpm's into the suse/* directories of my server and
> then run '/var/lib/YaST2/bin/create_package_descr' AutoYast will still
> install the old rpm's!! If I delete the old rpm's and run
> 'create_package_descr' again, the installation failes with the same
> syptoms as described for the CD-Installation of my last email.

You have to remove old rpms! Always make sure the file packages in
suse/setup/desc/Packages are the right version
> Something here does not work the way I would expect. Or is
> 'create_package_descr' just the wrong script?!

Yeah, these steps are tricky and you have to be carefull.
I am currently working on detailed documentaion of these steps, many people seem
to have problems with them.

Anas