*** 8.1 - how to SAVE custom packages selection to floppy DURING the installation??..
  • From: "George Roubchinsky" <g.roubchinski@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 16:32:21 +0000 (UTC)
Hello.

See Subject.

In SuSE 8.0 as I remember during the installation it was possible after
completing boring custom packages selection through the complete set of
packages to SAVE it on floppy for re-use it during next installation

This saves HUGE amount of time,
if take into account the number of available packages and the number of
installations.. ;-)

So - where is the same feature in 8.1 installation??!..

In 8.0 it was under "Extra" button on the package selection screen and
in 8.1 - I do not see any such possibility at all.. VERY STRANGE??

Who knows the reason or what I need to do?

Second question - how to do the same AFTER installation is done
when using YaST2 "Add/Remove Software" module? Again the same screen
without saving to the floppy...

Please copy Your answer to G.Roubchinski@xxxxxxxxx ...

Thanks..

George