Re: [suse-autoinstall] Installation-CD does not install kernel and initrd!
  • From: Christian Stoltze <Christian.Stoltze@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 08:01:44 +0000 (UTC)
Hi Rasmus,

> ALL_RPMS="`find * -name '*.rpm' -type f | sort`"
>
> # durch sort werden z.B. i586/yast2-core-2.6.47-9.i586.rpm und
> # i586/yast2-core-2.6.53-8.i586.rpm
> # schon richtig sortiert (das aeltere File zuerst)
>
> Then the package "foo-10.bla.bla.bla.rpm" will be sorted before the
> package "foo-9.bla.bla.bla.rpm" which is probably not what you
> intend. I'm working on a script that does more or less the same as

You have right!!
In this case I get not the latest patch.
Perhaps an adjusted sort could solve the problem
(e.g. sort -t '-' -k '3,3' -n).
But after a first glance at the syntax of the filenames
it would be impossible to create a sort-construct:
3d_chess-0.8.1-687.i586.rpm
3ddiag-0.496-57.i586.rpm
CommonC++-2.0.99.7-29.i586.rpm
CommonC++-devel-2.0.99.7-29.i586.rpm
acfax-981011-625.i586.rpm
alsa-0.9.0.cvs20020903-13.i586.rpm
alsa-tools-0.9.0rc1-45.i586.rpm
ardour-cvs20020816-21.i586.rpm
libaps-2000_04_14-365.i586.rpm
perl-XML-RegExp-0.03-216.i586.rpm
xview-3.2p1.4-361.i586.rpm
emacs-w3-cvs-225.noarch.rpm

> NEWEST=`ls -rt $FILES | tail -1`
>
> where $FILES contains a list of all "candidates" for a given
> package. In my situation, care must be taken so that the dates of the
> files are not changed.

Perhaps this is the simplest way.
I will reflect on this problem too.

Best Regards
CS
--
Christian Stoltze
Computer Science, University of Constance (Lake Constance/SW-Germany)

< Previous Next >