Re: [suse-autoinstall] X11 keyboard config?
  • From: Bernd Leibing <bernd.leibing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 18:09:08 +0000 (UTC)
Bjorn Tore Sund wrote:
Hi Anas, people,

I've spent the last couple of weeks setting up autoyast2 for a diverse
network with 80 machines. Anas' online buglist (and the patches it
pointed to) answered most of the questions I wanted to ask, but not this
one:

Is there a way (beyond applying sed to /etc/X11/XF86Config, which is
what I do today) for me to set the X11 keyboard map? I keep getting
machines configured with a US keymap, which with Norwegian keyboards
is anything but nifty. Setting the _language_ to Norwegian isn't an
option, my keyboards may be Norwegian but 20% of my users aren't...

<General> -> <keyboard> only affects the console keymap.

I had the same Problem with German keyboards. I too prefered not to
use German as language.

<install>
<general>
<keyboard>
<keymap>german</keymap>
</keyboard>
<language>en_US</language>
</general>
</install>

didn't worked. I found that an additional sysconfig entry worked
as easy workaround.

<sysconfig config:type="list">
<sysconfig_entry>
<sysconfig_key>KEYTABLE</sysconfig_key>
<sysconfig_path>keyboard</sysconfig_path>
<sysconfig_value>de-latin1-nodeadkeys.map.gz</sysconfig_value>
</sysconfig_entry>
</sysconfig>

You will find an Norwegian KEYTABLE in /usr/share/kbd/keymaps/i386/*/*

Bernd

--
Bernd 'Bing' Leibing Computing Center, University of Ulm, Germany
Email: <bernd.leibing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Tel. 0731-50-22516