[opensuse-artwork] Procedure of contacting the web artists
(This email is a logical continuation of a discussion we have recently
regarding nice artwork we find on the web)
Hi people,

In an ongoing effort to make our artwork team more organized I have
taken a liberty and came up with a "How to contact an artist"
procedure.
You can find it on the wiki right here:
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Wallpaper_graphics_(proposals)

To save you time here is the text:

1) Once you have found artwork you really like somewhere on-line you
have to first add it to this list.
2) Unless the artwork is licensed as Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License, or Public domain - the
arwork author/owner must be contacted
3) As soon as you have decided to actually get in touch with the
author/owner you must first let openSUSE artwork know you are doing
so, by sending an introduction email to art mailing list
(http://lists.opensuse.org/). The email has to include a link to the
artwork, the artwork author/owner's name, and a sample text of the
email you are about to send to him/her/them. (Done in a effort to make
the web search more organized and coordinated)
4) Mailing list participants will respond with their
suggestions/corrections to your email.
5) Send the text of the email mailing list has agreed upon to the
artwork author/owner and CC the art mailing list.
6) Wait for a reply.
7) Once/If a positive reply has been received update this page with
license/author information, and author/owner's comments (if any).
8) Once/If a negative replay has been received update this page -
remove ALL unnecessary information about the artist, leave only
artist's name, website address and a brief message indicating that the
artist/owner replied negatively.
9) (In any case) Send a reply to the owner/artist and thank
him/her/them for their time.

If you have any comments/changes you would like to propose please reply.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Eugene Trounev

[it-s]