Re: [opensuse-arm] raspberrypi image 2016.03.24-Build2.1 almost working [solved]

Am 28.03.2016 um 13:17 schrieb Herbert Graeber <herbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Am Sonntag, 27. März 2016, 22:46:17 CEST schrieb Alexander Graf:
On 26.03.16 13:01, Herbert Graeber wrote:
Am Freitag, 25. März 2016, 22:57:48 CET schrieb Herbert Graeber:
Am Freitag, 25. März 2016, 21:13:17 CET schrieb Dirk Müller:
But the Problem is, that boot.script contains "rootflags=size=100%" and
"size=100%" isn't an allowed mount option for ext4. This option only
exists
for tmpfs. I have found this option in JeOS-raspberrypi.kiwi and every
other of several *.kiwi files I looked into, too.

right, but there is a kiwi-hooks/installUboot.sh script on firstboot
in the image that should get executed

and remove those flags:
# On second boot, the rootfs is no longer tmpfs and dracut would
interpret

the # command line argument, remove it again from the config

for file in /etc/sysconfig/bootloader /etc/default/grub
/boot/boot.script;

do ⇥ [ -e "$file" ] && sed -i -e 's/rootflags=size=100%//' $file
done

Those lines are missing in /kiwi-hooks/installUBoot.sh from openSUSE-
Tumbleweed-ARM-JeOS-raspberrypi.armv6l-2016.03.24-Build2.1.raw.xz

can you provide the kiwi boot log ? perhaps there is a hint why the
code isn't getting executed.

I can have a look tomorrow, but I think the missing lines are the cause
for
this an a log won't show more.

Today I tried the next image (2016.03.25-Build2.1). The problem remains.
I have attached /var/log/boot.kiwi, /boot/boot.script and /kiwk-hooks/
installUBoot.sh.

What's strange is, that a raspberrypi2 image from the same date contains
the right kiwi-hooks/installUBoot.sh

I think I've tracked it down. The problem was that the rpi2 image is
built from exactly the openSUSE:Factory:ARM JeOS package, while the rpi1
downstream image gets built from the upstream JeOS-raspberrypi
description plus a few modifications.

Because of the way OBS works, binary files don't get stored as diffs in
a linked repository but instead get overwritten. The installUboot.sh
script is part of a tgz file (uboot-setup-raspberrypi.tgz).

In between the last update to that tgz and today the rootflags line got
added to installUboot.sh, but wasn't updated in the downstream copy of
the tgz. I've done that manually now. I hope in the not too distant
future we can just throw away all of this downstream RPi stuff and have
great, working upstream Linux based RPi images for 1, 2 and 3 ;).

https://build.opensuse.org/package/rdiff/devel:ARM:Factory:Contrib:Raspberry
Pi/JeOS-raspberrypi?linkrev=base&rev=32

I have tested 2016.03.25-Build2.3 and the second boot works.

Thanks a lot for digging into this,

One thought: My first mail was meant as a status report, but lead to some
sort of bug triaging. Shall I make a bug report next time?

I think more people read the mailing list rather than bugzilla, so I'd keep it
the current way :).

What we really want eventually is automated testing so that you wouldn't even
run into poblems like this in the first place. But that's a different story.