Re: [opensuse-arm] WARNING Do not update a working RPi2 system to the newest kernel
Op donderdag 17 maart 2016 10:11:17 schreef Freek de Kruijf:
Op woensdag 16 maart 2016 14:00:36 schreef Freek de Kruijf:
The Tumbleweed repository for RPi2 contains a new kernel 4.1.16. However
updating/upgrading to that version of the kernel gives you a NONE-working
system.

Also the newest images with 2016.03.09 in the name do boot, however a
second boot fails. On second boot the system tries to boot via the
network.
I start with Build389.1, which I downloaded on March 1st. I do a zypper up
from the standard repositories, but I exclude crda, kernel-rpi2 and
wireless- regdb as new packages and dtb-bcm2709, elfutils, u-boot-rpi2, and
u-boot-tools as updated packages. After that I still have a
working/bootable RPi2 system.

After the new version of Tumbleweed came available I used:

openSUSE-Tumbleweed-ARM-JeOS-raspberrypi2.armv7l-2016.03.09-Build6.3.raw.xz

This one is perfect. Also a forced install

However starting with Build389.1 and performing a "zypper up" does not result
a working system, The update is OK, however the reboot does not work. The
error message is about a wrong device tree. After this the system is trying to
boot via the network. There is an improvement; the first boot phase works.

So the warning is still valid.

--
fr.gr.

member openSUSE