Re: [opensuse-arm] WARNING Do not update a working RPi2 system to the newest kernel
Op woensdag 16 maart 2016 14:00:36 schreef Freek de Kruijf:
The Tumbleweed repository for RPi2 contains a new kernel 4.1.16. However
updating/upgrading to that version of the kernel gives you a NONE-working
system.

Also the newest images with 2016.03.09 in the name do boot, however a second
boot fails. On second boot the system tries to boot via the network.

I start with Build389.1, which I downloaded on March 1st. I do a zypper up
from the standard repositories, but I exclude crda, kernel-rpi2 and wireless-
regdb as new packages and dtb-bcm2709, elfutils, u-boot-rpi2, and u-boot-tools
as updated packages. After that I still have a working/bootable RPi2 system.

--
fr.gr.

member openSUSE
Freek de Kruijf