Re: [opensuse-arm] Support for RPi camera in openSUSE for Rasberry Pi?

On 13.03.16 18:22, Freek de Kruijf wrote:

I succeeded in getting the xawtv working via X forwarding. I now have a jpeg
image with 2048x1536 pixels by pressing J on my desktop and using xawtx -o a

How to proceed using raspistill?

I think the best way forward would be to just ignore the fact that
raspistill even exists and try to find a tool that does what you need
using the v4l interface :).

I found a list of tools with a quick google search:

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Webcam-HOWTO/framegrabbers.html

however, none of these seem to be part of openSUSE / packman and built
for armv7.

Looking at the second hit on google instead though, you come across this
link:

http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/98210/capture-raw-image-from-v4l-webcam-device

which points at a tool called "fswebcam" which is part of the normal
openSUSE distribution.