Re: [opensuse-arm] Support for RPi camera in openSUSE for Rasberry Pi?
Hi Freek,

mmal: Failed to create camera component
mmal: main: Failed to create camera component
mmal: Failed to run camera app. Please check for firmware updates

did you raise gpu memory to at least 128MB as advertised in

http://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/questions/14229/how-can-i-enable-the-camera-without-using-raspi-config

The error message is:
mmal: mmal_component_create_core: could not find component 'vc.ril.camera'
mmal: Failed to create camera component
mmal: main: Failed to create camera component
mmal: Failed to run camera app. Please check for firmware updates

you can only use the proprietary videocore capturing (e.g. raspistill)
or v4l, but not both. you also have to reboot completely when
switching.

I found an answer on a search for the first line:
if you compiled against glibc it won't work, you will need to include static
libs.

My guess is that you need to switch to the raspberrypi-userland mesa
libraries, but I haven't tried.

I also still have a problem in getting /dev/video0. I needed to use
modprobe -i bcm2835_v4l2 to get this device.
I do have "install bcm2835-v4l2 /bin/true" in /etc/modprobe.d/99-local.conf

yeah, the module needs to be *blacklisted* (not loaded) for raspistill.

Greetings,
Dirk