[opensuse-arm] Re: u-boot+EFI: how to debug grub2?
  • From: "Matwey V. Kornilov" <matwey.kornilov@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2016 15:07:51 +0300
13.03.2016 14:30, Alexander Graf пишет:

Am 13.03.2016 um 11:56 schrieb Matwey V. Kornilov
<matwey.kornilov@xxxxxxxxx>:

Hello,

I am trying to boot on Phytec Wega board (TI AM33xx based) with
u-boot+EFI+grub2 and just see

Booting `openSUSE-Tumbleweed-ARM-JeOS-wega [ VMX ]'

and then board is rebooted after some time (I think, by watchdog).
I am sure that kernel console parameter is correct.

Before EFI was introduced to u-boot, I had booted this board
successfully. Is there a simple way to somehow understand what is going
wrong here?

My guess is that the device tree doesn't get loaded. Do you see a warning
about it on serial? Try to add a line in grub2 to manually select the device
tree:

Press e (edit current entry)
at the end, add a new line saying "devicetree /boot/dtb/foo.dtb"
Press ctrl-x (or f10) to boot

If that makes it work, the default U-Boot environment does not set the
"fdtfile" variable. Add it to the env (in your board header) and you should
be set :).

This doesn't help. There are also no any warnings, except gfxterm related.

Environment size: 3985/131068 bytes
=> boot
switch to partitions #0, OK
mmc0 is current device
Scanning mmc 0:1...
37937 bytes read in 71 ms (521.5 KiB/s)
Found EFI removable media binary efi/boot/bootarm.efi
reading efi/boot/bootarm.efi
461312 bytes read in 41 ms (10.7 MiB/s)
## Starting EFI application at 0x82000000 ...
Scanning disks on usb...
Scanning disks on mmc...
Card did not respond to voltage select!
MMC Device 2 not found
MMC Device 3 not found
Found 1 disks
Welcome to GRUB!

error: terminal `gfxterm' isn't found.
error: no suitable video mode found.
error: can't find command `terminal'.
error: file `/boot/grub2/themes/openSUSE/ascii.pf2' not found.
GNU GRUB version 2.02~beta3

Or do I misunderstand things and you're using the beaglebone image?

https://build.opensuse.org/project/monitor/home:matwey:pcm051:13.3