Re: [opensuse-arm] u-boot+EFI: how to debug grub2?

Am 13.03.2016 um 11:56 schrieb Matwey V. Kornilov <matwey.kornilov@xxxxxxxxx>:

Hello,

I am trying to boot on Phytec Wega board (TI AM33xx based) with
u-boot+EFI+grub2 and just see

Booting `openSUSE-Tumbleweed-ARM-JeOS-wega [ VMX ]'

and then board is rebooted after some time (I think, by watchdog).
I am sure that kernel console parameter is correct.

Before EFI was introduced to u-boot, I had booted this board
successfully. Is there a simple way to somehow understand what is going
wrong here?

My guess is that the device tree doesn't get loaded. Do you see a warning about
it on serial? Try to add a line in grub2 to manually select the device tree:

Press e (edit current entry)
at the end, add a new line saying "devicetree /boot/dtb/foo.dtb"
Press ctrl-x (or f10) to boot

If that makes it work, the default U-Boot environment does not set the
"fdtfile" variable. Add it to the env (in your board header) and you should be
set :).

Or do I misunderstand things and you're using the beaglebone image?