Re: [opensuse-arm] Support for RPi camera in openSUSE for Rasberry Pi?
  • From: Guillaume Gardet <guillaume.gardet@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2016 14:09:50 +0100
Le 11/03/2016 10:44, Freek de Kruijf a écrit :
Op donderdag 10 maart 2016 13:28:08 schreef Guillaume Gardet:
Hi,

Le 10/03/2016 12:53, Freek de Kruijf a écrit :
Is there any support for the RPi camera in the openSUSE software for a
Raspberry Pi? I tried to find sources, but did not succeed.
What do you need?

raspberrypi-userland package provide some RPi tools such as:
* raspistill
* raspivid
* raspividyuv
* raspiyuv

Otherwise, standard tool whould work too.

Guillaume
Thanks, one step further. I installed raspberrypi-userland and used the
command "raspistill -o <some_name>" and got the message:

mmal: mmal_component_create_core: could not find component 'vc.ril.camera'
mmal: Failed to create camera component
mmal: main: Failed to create camera component
mmal: Camera is not enabled in this build. Try running "sudo raspi-config" and
ensure that "camera" has been enabled

The bash script raspi-config I found seems to be written for Raspian. On
openSUSE it seems to do nothing.

How to continue?

Which kernel do you use?
Is it a Tumblewwed image?