Re: [opensuse-arm] OpenSUSE 13.1 for armv7 upgrade
  • From: Andreas Färber <afaerber@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 12:37:22 +0100
Hello Dirk,

Am 23.12.2013 09:57, schrieb Dirk Müller:
I mean you can do a "zypper dup" using 13.1 repos:
http://download.opensuse.org/ports/armv7hl/distribution/13.1/repo/oss/

Somehow that is not working for me, the repository is not recognized by
YaST. I compared it to the working 12.3 repo and notice that 12.3 has a
repo/oss/suse/repodata/ directory, which 13.1 is lacking.

whats the output of zypper lr --details ? is it detecting the repo as
yast style? Unfortunately the default type is repomd, which will then
fail.

My 12.3 repo (previously updated from 12.2) was fact of type rpm-md.

Verbose version of what I said above: The YaST repository module refuses
to let me the change the URL by s/12\.3/13\.1/g, so I don't get new lr
--details output that way. Editing the /etc/zypp/repos.d/ .repo file
manually, I can do s/type=rpm-md/type=yast2/ but then it complains:

File '/media.1/media' not found on medium
'http://download.opensuse.org/ports/armv7hl/distribution/13.1/repo/oss/suse/'

The solution to that is to drop "suse/" from the baseurl= line, then it
works!

So it seems the original user "error" was to not remove the trailing
suse/ part, with which it does not recognize the repository as valid.

Is there any upgrade guide where this is or could be documented for the
benefit of others running into that?

Regards,
Andreas