[opensuse-arm] Re: kiwi - FAT support problem
  • From: Guillaume Gardet <guillaume.gardet@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 12:01:54 +0100

Le 13/12/2013 11:37, Marcus Schäfer a écrit :
Hi Guillaume,

I bought a Rasppery-Pi(B) board to finally be able to test something

Good news! :)

I have the same trouble. So far the board does not boot. my current
disk layout looks like this for the test image:

parted /tmp/LimeJeOS-13.1.armv6l-1.13.1.raw print
Model: (file)
Disk /tmp/LimeJeOS-13.1.armv6l-1.13.1.raw: 774MB
Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/512B
Partition Table: msdos

Number Start End Size Type File system Flags
1 1049kB 211MB 210MB primary fat32 boot, lba, type=0c
2 212MB 774MB 562MB primary lvm, type=8e

If I resize FAT partition with YaST partitionner from 200 MB to 196 MB
or less, it does boot.
Now that you remind me on this I remember you wrote me a mail
I'm sorry I totally have missed that. So you are saying if I set

<type ... bootpartsize="100M"/>

it should work ? That sounds strange but I will build a new image
with that size and see

No, what I mean is if I resize manually the FAT partition with YaST
partitionner, then it does boot. So the partition table may be wrong or there
might be some overlap or something.

Moreover, raspberrypi-firmware package has bootinclude flag set
to true but files ending with *.dat are missing from BOOT partition.
Is there any filter for such a file?
yes I fixed some bugs in that area. I also added support for
the bootloader="berryboot" so that we don't have to do this nasty
things with config.txt and cmdline.txt in our handmade scripts

Ok.

As soon as I get my image to fly I will update the kiwi in 13.1:Ports

Ok, thanks.

One last thing. Now, DTB files should be located in /boot/dtb/ folder whereas,
previously, we used /boot/. So we should update kiwi accordingly, otherwise DTB
files are not in BOOT partition. Do you want I send you a patch for that one or
could you do it?

Guillaume

Regards,
Marcus