Re: [opensuse-arm] arm board recommendation?

On 09.12.2013, at 11:30, Ludwig Nussel <ludwig.nussel@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

I'm looking for a small inexpensive ARM board that has a few digital
inputs (for buttons/switches) and a few digital outputs (for LEDs). Fast

It's hard to find ARM development boards that don't have freely configurable
GPIO pins that you can use either for in- or for output.

USB 2.0 or even 3.0 ports would be good to have too. It's meant to be
headless, so gfx doesn't matter. It should obviously run openSUSE :-)
Are there any recommendations?

The only SoC with built-in USB3 and reasonable OpenSUSE support that I'm aware
of is the Exynos5. You could try and see whether the Arndale Board or the
ODROID-XU good for you:

- http://www.arndaleboard.org/
- http://www.hardkernel.com/

Maybe the new CubieBoard has everything you need too, but I don't have any
experience with those:

- http://cubieboard.org/2013/10/30/cubieboard3-cubietruck-is-all-ready/

If you want even cheaper, go with the Raspberry Pi :).