[opensuse-arm] Chromebook S5P-MFC
  • From: Guillaume Gardet <guillaume.gardet@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 16:31:17 +0200
Hi,

on my Chromebook running openSUSE 12.3, I noticed in dmesg that S5P firmwares
were not found whereas kernel-firmware package is installed.

The problem is that s5p-mfc-v6.fw and s5p-mfc.fw are in /lib/firmware/s5p-mfc
and linux kernel is looking for those firmwares in /lib/firmware/.

After making symlinks, no more complaint about missing firmwares.

Which part is faulty? kernel-firmware or kernel-chromebook?

What would be the best fix? Making a package with symlinks (if it is possible)?

Guillaume