Re: [opensuse-arm] ARM status

On 28.11.2011, at 11:25, Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Am Montag, 28. November 2011, 10:11:21 schrieb Alexander Graf:
On 28.11.2011, at 11:06, Adrian Schröter wrote:
Am Sonntag, 27. November 2011, 20:35:26 schrieb Alexander Graf:
Thanks to Alex, the crashes when using exceptions are gone. Also gcj is
not directly crashing anymore when building ecj-bootstrap.
Unfortunatly it just hangs in an endless loop now. So we still don't
have a working java stack. This is the major reason for the last ~ 1000
unresolvable (aka unbuildable) packages.
If someone could dig into that it would be great ...

The problem is QEMU related. Building those packages on native hardware
works. Could we maybe try and build them on real hw + inject them somehow
for now so that we have _something_ to work with? I have to look at the
QEMU breakage nevertheless but it's definitely not easy.

Yes, I could inject ecj-bootstrap from the non-qemu build, but so far this
package has not yet compiled there either.

When you have a manual build from somewhere I could of course use this one.

Well, I don't think just ecj-bootstrap will be enough. It looks like things
break every time code gets JITed inside the guest - mono breaks the same way.
I'll give it a try though and create an rpm. So far I've only executed the
offending commands in the build chroot from native and emulated and saw them
work on native hardware.

We could try to at least generate ca-certificates on a real machine, inject
that, and then move our way towards a working JeOS image. We could then deploy
machines with that image and make them internal build hosts, hopefully speeding
up the native build, giving us more rpms for otherwise broken packages.
Eventually we'd have most packages around ;).

It would be nice to have our emulated approach work well too though, so I'll
try to see if I can reproduce the QEMU problem in full system emulation. Maybe
I can get Linaro interested in fixing it that way ;).