Re: [opensuse-arm] ARM status
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 11:25:13 +0100
Thanks to Alex, the crashes when using exceptions are gone. Also gcj is
not directly crashing anymore when building ecj-bootstrap.
Unfortunatly it just hangs in an endless loop now. So we still don't
have a working java stack. This is the major reason for the last ~ 1000
unresolvable (aka unbuildable) packages.
If someone could dig into that it would be great ...

The problem is QEMU related. Building those packages on native hardware
works. Could we maybe try and build them on real hw + inject them somehow
for now so that we have _something_ to work with? I have to look at the
QEMU breakage nevertheless but it's definitely not easy.

Yes, I could inject ecj-bootstrap from the non-qemu build, but so far this
package has not yet compiled there either.

When you have a manual build from somewhere I could of course use this one.

bye
adrian

--
Adrian Schroeter