[opensuse-arm] Target ARM Hardware
This is a hot topic, and one that seems to generate the most noise.

I've had a discussion with several people about target hardware, and
I've also looked at what our peers are doing and saying. At the same
time I've been trying to see what options we have for getting some
sponsorship for hardware.

There were three devices in the running, all are classed as development
boards - so no case or external prettyness (beauty comes from within
anyway):

TI PandaBoard [0]
Samsung Origen [1]
ST Ericsson Snowball [2]

After discussing, the preferred nominee is the PandaBoard. Several
factors led to this decision, it has an integrated wired network
connection; is well supported by the incumbant distros; widely used
within the wider ARM open source community; and it has Pandas (OK only
in name but still!)

So if you want to prep and get some hardware, then go for the PandaBoard
(as soon as the Cortex A15 is released, we'll be looking at them).

Yes, I know it's a developer board and not an end user product.
Unfortunately there aren't actually that many end user products that you
can sensibly use for development at the moment. Sure, there's the
TrimSlice[3] the DreamPlug[4] and a few others, but after consulting
someone that is far more knowledgable and aware of the wider landscape
we went with their recommendations.

Oh and things are moving pretty fast folk!! \o/

0 = http://www.pandaboard.org/
1 = http://www.origenboard.org/
2 = http://www.igloocommunity.org/
3 = http://trimslice.com/