[opensuse-announce] Extended Deadline: openSUSE Conference 2009 Call for Papers
  • From: Jan Blunck <jblunck@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 12:28:53 +0200
This is to inform you that the deadline for participation in the openSUSE
Conference 2009 has been extended until the June 5, 2009. Please find the
updated Call for Papers attached or online at
http://en.opensuse.org/OpenSUSE_Conf_2009/Call_for_Papers.

Regards,
Jan
(on behalf of the Programm Committee)

The openSUSE Project is opening the call for participation in the openSUSE
Conference 2009, to be held September 17 through 20 in Nuremberg, Germany.
We're looking for contributors to openSUSE, upstream projects, and members of
the openSUSE community to participate.

The summit will be an opportunity to bring the openSUSE contributor community
together to share ideas, experience, hack, and help guide the direction of the
project. So we're looking to members of the community to give presentations,
tutorials, and lead birds of a feather and panel sessions in several tracks:

* Community: Marketing, translations, wiki, documentation, forums, and
openSUSE governance.

* Desktop: Topics related to the openSUSE desktop, including KDE, GNOME, Xfce,
and applications.

* Server: Use of openSUSE on the server or development of server applications.

* Toolchain and System: The kernel, YaST, packaging, and openSUSE Build Service.

* Open Day: Saturday will include a track for openSUSE users and people new to
Linux.

If you're interested in presenting at the openSUSE Summit, fill out the Call
for Participation Form[3] with all of the details for your participation.
We're accepting talks, tutorials, birds of a feather, and panel discussion
submissions. (Birds of feather sessions will be scheduled after hours.)

The summit will not be entirely composed of prepared presentations, so we will
be accepting a limited number of proposals.

Important Deadlines

Submission deadline for proposals: June 5, 2009

Notification of acceptance or rejection: June 26, 2009

Submission deadline for full versions (or slides): September 3, 2009

All submissions are due before 12:00 UTC on the given date.

Links
=====

[1] Announcement: http://bit.ly/NLIcy

[2] Conference Organizers: http://bit.ly/13y5n