[opensuse-announce] Call for Contribution: RPMLint Site
  • From: "Sascha 'saigkill' Manns" <samannsml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 19:52:12 +0100
Hi Folks,

I’m an new Packager in OpenSUSE BuildService, and i like this work. But
if i would like to package for Factory, RPMLINT gives me any Errors or
warnings. But these things to fix, are very difficult. Our Wiki Side for
RPMLINT doesn’t contain many Error or Warningcodes. From my side, i can
say, that it's not good to make rpmlint as standard in OBS, and we have
not enough dokumentation :-(

But yesterday i’ve found an Side, with other Errorcodes from RPMLINT.
Today i imported these Codes to our Wikiside
http://en.opensuse.org/Packaging/RpmLint. I think it is not possible to
list all codes on the Side. But i wish, that the side includes more
Codes in the future.

No i would like to make an Call for contribution. If every Packager
insert the codes, that he knows, we have an good library soon.

And on this Moment i would like to make an request about helping- Thank
you all for the hard Work. And please have an eye on Documentations :-)

--
Sincereley yours

Sascha Manns
openSUSE Marketing Team (Weekly News)