[opensuse-announce] Novell Bugzilla Update to 3.2 and a Guided Report Mode
  • From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 08:33:46 +0100
To make bug reporting easier, we will be updating Novell’s Bugzilla to the
latest stable release (Bugzilla 3.2) with some additional features added by
Novell. This update will take place on Saturday, January 10th,
and Bugzilla will be unavailable from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. MST (that's
13:00 UTC to 17:00 UTC).

One significant change is that we will have a new guided mode for reporting of
bugs that is default for non-Novell accounts.

The guided report mode is a feature of bugzilla itself that we just enable.
It gives smart hints for reporting bugs including bad and good examples, makes
the report more structured, suggests “hot” duplicate bugs and asks for
reproducibility, expected and actual result. This should help to create
better bug reports and thus help with better resolving of bugs.

For those that use the unguided mode and want to use the guided mode (or the
other way round), you can bookmark a template of the “New Bugreport” (see
http://news.opensuse.org/2009/01/07/novell-bugzilla-update-to-32-and-a-guided-
report-mode/ for details) . Once you’ve done this, manually edit the URL of
the bookmark and append “?format=guided” (if you want guided mode) or remove
it if you do not want it. You can then use this bookmark for easy access, I
have created that way a bookmark for openSUSE 11.1 bug reports that has
already some stuff filled in, e.g. set “Found By” to “Community User”. Note
that the guided mode will only be available after the update of bugzilla!

The changes for 3.2 in the upstream bugzilla are documented at the bugzilla
side. In addition, a couple of bugs and enhancements in our bugzilla have been
fixed.

Please see further details at http://news.opensuse.org/2009/01/07/novell-
bugzilla-update-to-32-and-a-guided-report-mode/

Btw. if you want to report a bug, please check also our guidelines at
http://bugs.opensuse.org,

Andreas
Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany