[opensuse-announce] Reminder: Kernel bug squashing day (today)
  • From: Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 00:03:44 +0200
Hi everybody,

I am pleased to announce, on behalf of SuSE's kernel teams, the first
openSUSE Kernel bug squashing day: Wednesday, July 30th 2008; that is:
as of now!

Our goals are:

- Reduce the number of (openSUSE) kernel bugs in Novell's bugzilla;
- Clean out all those ancient and no longer valid bugs;
- Identify duplicates;
- Upstream as many of the bugs (and patches) as possible;

- For the remaining bugs, help their triaging and resolution along.
- Help test and review fixes.

No bug is sacred!

Interested members from the openSUSE community are invited to join us on

irc.freenode.net, channel #opensuse-kernel

for live coordination and participation on that day; the SUSE kernel
teams will be there too, and we look forward to challenging bugs and
successful cooperation.

Regards,
Lars

--
Team lead Kernel, SuSE Labs, Research and Development