[opensuse-announce] SUSE Linux 10.1 Remastered - including Install DVDs
  • From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 11:38:01 +0200

We're happy to announce that we have put out now the complete
remastered version of SUSE Linux 10.1 (including DVD but no LiveDVD or
ftp installation source), which includes all patches for SUSE Linux
10.1 released till October 9.  It replaces the original ISOs on our
mirrors. This version will ease the issues users had with the
goldmaster version and should make the installing and working
experience much smoother for everyone.

The files have a "Remastered" in their name and a symbolic link from
the old name to them so that references will continue to work.

If you are running SUSE Linux 10.1 already, there is no need to
download these images at all. Just do an update from our update
repository to get all our security updates. This remastered media are
usefull for new installations.

We're now focusing on the next milestone, openSUSE 10.2

Have a lot of fun!

your openSUSE team