SUSE Linux 10.1 is Done
  • From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 16:36:44 +0200

We mastered wednesday RC4, fixed bugs and then mastered RC5 and
declared that last night as goldmaster (= final version). We only did
a limited set of media for now and will do the final sets, all the
delta ISOs (both from RC1 and RC3), and a proper frozen ftp tree on
monday and distribute it to the mirrors so that we can announce and
release this version next thursday (12th of May).

Thanks a lot for all your testing, bug reporting, comments and
encouragement through this especially long beta and release phase of
SUSE Linux 10.1. I've heard early quite some critizisms but also in
the end a lot of people saying that 10.1 is now a great release - and
I would like to thank you for your part in making it great!

This is intented as a quick FYI - I'll make a proper announcement next
week with the release announcement,

Andreas Jaeger, aj@xxxxxxx,
SUSE Linux Products GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 N├╝rnberg, Germany
List Navigation