This list will be migrated to opensuse-amd64@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Henne Vogelsang <hvogel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 19:39:09 +0100
Hi,

as announced a while ago on the big lists [1] we will move this
list to the new mailinglist server. We have also decided to rename it
while moving it. All this will happen this friday (2006.11.10). I cant say
exactly at which time but i will send a short heads-up mail right before
we are doing it.

This means a few things for you.

1. This list, suse-amd64@xxxxxxxx, will be renamed to opensuse-amd64@xxxxxxxxxxxx
This means that mails to you will come from the new address and for
posting you also have to send mail to opensuse-amd64@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
The old list adress will still work but is depreceated. I will turn
it off in the future (with notice).

2. Your subscription will get transfered to the new listserver. No action
on your part is required to continue reciving mails from this list.

3. Because of the renaming the mailinglist headers will change.
If you filter for headers in your mail setup please adopt
your setup accordingly. New headers will look like this:

4. Mails will originate from the new server. If you accepts listmails
only from the listserver adopt your setup accordingly. The mails
will originate from

DNS: lists4.suse.de
IP: 195.135.221.135

5. The webarchive of this list is then located at

http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-amd64/

6. We are using a new mailinglist manager on the new server. This means
some aspects of using the list changed. Some features are dropped and
some new features are added. For a complete list check out this post:
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-announce/2006-08/msg00005.html

7. If you have any problems at all with the new setup please dont
hesitate to contact me!

Henne

[1] http://lists.suse.com/archive/suse-linux-e/2006-Nov/1464.html
http://lists.suse.com/archive/suse-linux/2006-Nov/0440.html