SLES8 vs. Microtech USB Cameramate
  • From: "Stephen Williams" <1mc9i5i02@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 01:08:18 +0000 (UTC)

I have SLES8 with the latest (precompiled) kernel updates on
an AMD64 (HDAMB) system. I also have a Microtech USB Cameramate
compact flash/smart card reader. It appears that it does not
work. It recognizes it as a usb-storage device, but that's it.

It *appears* that the Microtech CompactFlash (DPCM) support is
not enabled in the kernel, but I cannot find a kernel compile
.config file to check.

(Also, I'd *rather* stick with mainstread kernel binaries if
I can. Don't really want to o off in a tangent and confuse the
Yast2 updates.)
--
Steve Williams "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
steve at icarus.com But I have promises to keep,