[opensuse-ambassadors] Ambassador goal review - Hungary
  • From: Kálmán Kéménczy <kkemenczy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 12:54:27 +0200
Hi there,

I like the boosters weekly review so I decide to do a bimonthly review
for same reasons about the status of my/Hungarian community goals.
On the 11.3 release party in Budapest we set few goals in August:
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-ambassadors/2010-08/msg00069.html

[FINISHED]
- Free DVD ship: about 60 DVDs sent out (we are out of stock), we
would like to continue this
- Conferences (SFD and LOK) - separate review
- openSUSE 11.3 (and SLED11SP1) as supported operating systems for
high-school graduation: passed (maybe some announcement needed)
- use http://bug.openscope.org infrastructure to handle translation
issues received from end users

[ONGOING]
- Translation of the 11.3 Reference Guide: 3 chapters left
- Release case study about how to build a graduation-ready openSUSE
lab for schools (it will release on huedu.hu website)
- ECDL books for adults about openSUSE under CC licence: one book
missing, ECDL certification under way, books are here:
ftp://ftp.novell.hu/pub/huedu/
- DVD/article for newspaper: in PCWORLD, November or December,
modified DVD (starts in Hungarian by default)
- new wiki: two community member work on that

[QUEUE]
- On-demand printing of the Reference Guide: waiting for the translation
- Build a Hungarian eLearning site for all distribution and open
source projects (Ubuntu has one in Hungary: edu.ubuntu.hu , we would
like join)

[CANCELED/FAILED]
- openSUSE Hungarian edition 3 month release - not worth to do it
- Retail store activity - not possible, 3 big retail store rejected our requests

best,
kalman