Re: [opensuse-ambassadors] openSUSE Greek team @ Educational Lecture: "Kids and Internet"
  • From: "Stathis Iosifidis (aka diamond_gr)" <diamond_gr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 00:37:32 +0300
Hello,

li-fe is our tool for many reasons. Lately we've been to school and Paediatric Department of hospital.

Greek goverment, provides some educational software for elementary school and high school. It's the books they get and read on software for computers. Until now, it's ready for Ubuntu and Fedora.

We would like to create an educational Greek version of li-fe with the software. One would be for elementary school and other for high school.

Ubuntu has that. Fedora just started to do it.

We have couple of people who can try but we will need help from programmers-packagers. I know this isn't the list to do that. We'll ask the right list as soon as we're ready.

Regarding the parental control, I was amazed when testing PCLinuxOS 2010.07, that had that under Control Center. Didn't test it but I think it's working.

Thanks
Stathis

Στις 29/09/2010 01:25 πμ, ο/η Carlos Ribeiro έγραψε:
Pretty nice Diamond_gr

I quite sure you can keep the lights on and move forward for the next
weeks sending some materials and additional information related to
openSUSE main project.Also feeding them with some information about the
Educational Li-fe and their characteristics, such as applications for
teachers and students. Students that can be children from the
kindergarten up to the big ones from universities.
If I'm not mistaken the Educational Li-f-e has their own set of tools
that can help with doctors main question, which concerns to "How they
can install parental control". If you do not find anything in specific
for this task in educational li-fe, I also recommend giving a look at
this kchildlock,
http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=88124

that have openSUSE 11.3 version
http://kde-apps.org/content/download.php?content=88124&id=2&tan=94842896

Hugs and thanks for update us with such valuable information
CarlosRibeiro

Em Ter, 2010-09-28 às 22:37 +0300, Stathis Iosifidis (aka diamond_gr)