Re: Fwd: [mirror] Suboptimal (for mirrors) download pattern by opensuse clients

On 3/2/20 4:36 PM, Per Jessen wrote:
Benjamin Zeller wrote:

I have a new downloader implemented that would support multiple
downloads in parallel but I suffer
from the problem that mirrorbrains forwards me from HTTPS to HTTP if I
disable the metalink downloads
in favour of downloading full files only, curl errors out in that
case.

I know we could disable that error but I'm not really sure that this
is what we want. With metalink files we get the metalink description
over https , which includes all checksums for the several chunks and
then can use http connections as well because we can check if we
really got what we asked for.

Would be interesting to know here if we can configure mirrorbrains to
just redirect to HTTPS if that's what the incoming connection is
using.
mirrorbrain does currently not support https. It simply does not know
about it.
That explains, can we somehow fix or work around that?
AFAIK when I request a file from opensuse.org I always get a redirect so
currently
all we could do if we want to download full files is to allow redirects
to HTTP ... which as said
is not exactly optimal if we do not have a checksum for the file..

--
Benjamin Zeller <bzeller@xxxxxxx>
Systems Programmer

SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nuremberg, Germany
Tel: +49-911-74053-0; Fax: +49-911-7417755; https://www.suse.com/

(HRB 36809, AG Nürnberg)
Managing Director: Felix Imendörffer